Saturday, November 28, 2009

Editing on Wikipedia Continued

It's nearly a week later and my updates to Wikipedia's "Bellport, New York" page remain untouched. I did not include any false information when I made my edit; however, I do feel that the information that I included about Ho Hum Beach should not be placed under the part of the article labeled "History." If I was more familiar HTML codes I think that I could have formatted my added information exactly as I would have liked.

From this assignment I learned that it is quite simple to edit a Wikipedia page; however, because I didn't include false information in my edit, I still do not know if someone would have fixed my edit if I had added wrong information. If I included information that was outrageously wrong, I presume that it would have been changed rather promptly.

Print Screen Image of "Bellport, New York" Wikipedia Article
(see Ho Hum Beach under History)


No comments:

Post a Comment